The best way to keep your knowledge of TOP-SET Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis up-to-date.
The Kelvin TOP-SET Refresher Course for Senior Investigators revises, refreshes and reinforces the concepts introduced on the Senior Investigator Course and enhances delegates’ knowledge of incident investigation and the TOP-SET system.
Designed specifically for those who have previously completed a Kelvin TOP-SET 3-Day Senior Investigator Course, this one-day course not only explores the fundamentals of sound Root Cause Analysis but also looks at the importance of understanding human factors, team dynamics, good leadership, SMART actions, personality bias and ‘blame culture’ in the investigation of incidents. Delegates who complete this course will be well equipped to deal with the investigation of incidents in a professional and consistent manner.
Duration: 1 Day
To qualify for this course, delegates must have completed a Kelvin TOP-SET 3-Day Senior Investigator course after 1st January 2012.*
Participants are also strongly advised to complete the Kelvin TOP-SET e-RCA e-learning Course before attending the Refresher course. Those who book a place on the Kelvin TOP-SET Refresher Course for Senior Investigators and do not already have a login for e-RCA will receive a complimentary time-limited access code. This ensures that all delegates have the opportunity to complete the e-RCA Course prior to attending their Refresher Course.
*Those who completed the Kelvin TOP-SET 3-Day Senior Investigator course prior to January 2012 who wish to refresh their skills should re-take the entire Kelvin TOP-SET 3-Day Senior Investigator Course.
- To revise and refresh and reinforce the participants' knowledge and understanding of the Kelvin TOP-SET incident investigation system
- To introduce new ideas and techniques in Root Cause Analysis. Delegates should be able to confidently critique an RCA by the end of the course
- To revisit SMART actions and their importance; when, how & where they can be made
- To discuss human factors as they impact on all incidents
- To explore the differences between blame, fault and responsibility
- To establish the key features of good team leadership
- To raise awareness of personality bias and its impact on investigation.
This course equates to 7 hours of CPD