A PURE Root Cause Analysis Course for Investigators.
This 1-day course is designed for those who wish to learn how to carry out an effective and thorough Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as part of their investigation. There are many Root Cause Analysis systems in the World, but we believe ours is the best. It is easy to use, with only a few simple rules, and no jargon. What’s more, it can be applied to any incident, from a cut finger, to a major incident such as a multiple fatality. Many International Companies have adopted our Investigation system, which incorporates Kelvin TOP-SET Root Cause Analysis. Our course lasts only one day and is certificated by the CPD Standards Office, UK. All those participating receive a licence to use the Kelvin TOP-SET RCA e-learning half-day module for one month, and if they wish, can obtain a life-time licence thereafter, at preferential rates.
The course is in three parts: Participants learn how to
- construct a Kelvin TOP-SET Root Cause Analysis, and how it relates to other major analysis systems used throughout the world;
- generate SMART recommendations from the analysis;
- deal with the human factors, fundamental to any incident, which include culpability, accountability and responsibility.
Number of Participants: Up to 20 (price depending on numbers)
- To provide participants with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Kelvin TOP-SET PURE Root Cause Analysis (RCA) system.
- To introduce new concepts and techniques in Root Cause Analysis
- To compare the Kelvin TOP-SET PURE RCA system with other analysis systems
- To discuss human factors and their impact on all incidents
- To explore the differences between blame, fault, and responsibility
- To enable participants to formulate relevant and practical recommendations in the form of SMART actions.
Participants at the end of the course ought to:
- appreciate the significance of the human involvement in any incident
Humans are at the heart of all incidents, not technical failures or environmental change
- be aware of the importance of the Incident Statement, the thinking behind it, and how to write it
The Incident Statement is the key starting point for all Kelvin TOP-SET RCAs
- be able to construct a Kelvin TOP-SET Root Cause Analysis for any level of incident
The development of a logical analysis is the culmination of a successful investigation
- know the principles behind the generation of recommendations via SMART actions
Effective SMART actions are a major output of most investigations across the world
- understand the relationships between culpability, accountability, and responsibility
An understanding of this underpins the formulation of recommendations and learning from incidents.
- have a thorough understanding of how our analysis system compares with other major analysis systems used throughout the world
This provides a solid base from which to undertake any form of causal analysis
Root Cause Analysis course description download
- Download as PDF (290 KB)